Updated: Sep 27, 2019
Today’s challenge is a BIG one, but a fun one!
In short… go the entire day WITHOUT SAYING ANYTHING NEGATIVE!!!
To me, that means without THINKING anything negative, too – or at least catching it when it happens and replacing it with a positive.
Maybe it sounds easy, but do we really notice EVERY word and EVERY thought? As a coach and practitioner this principle is a big part of mindfulness. In this case though, we are adding an active process of actively choosing our focus, rather than just noticing (as in some types of meditation). This can be a LIFE-CHANGER!
Here are the tasks for today:
1. Write 10 things you are grateful for.
2. Choose one negative situation in your life that you would like to resolve.
3. Write down all of the things you are grateful for about this situation.
4. At the end of your list write down, “Thank you! Thank you! Thank you for the perfect resolution!”
5. Challenge yourself to go though the entire day without saying something negative. If you catch yourself making a non-positive comment, immediately say, “But I have to say I am really grateful for _________________.”
6. If you have the book, read the inspiration for Day 7. Posted on Empowering Your Life
7. Before bed, hold your magic rock and say thanks for the best thing that happened today.