TERMS OF SERVICE
We (the folks at Elements of Empowerment and Lifestyle Elements) run this site and would love for you to use it. This site, blog, forum, and related services are designed to inspire, motivate, educate and entertain, and we encourage you to express yourself freely. However, be responsible in what you write, and please be respectful. Being critical is fine, but rudeness and personal attacks are not. In particular, make sure that none of the prohibited items listed below appear in your writing or what you link to (things like spam, viruses, or hate content).
That’s the gist of it. Thanks also to the good folks at Automattic(responsible for great creations like WordPress.com), who have made their more comprehensive Terms of Serviceavailable under a Creative Commons Sharealike license, which means that you can borrow some or all of their wording for your own Terms of Service. That’s exactly what we did.
Terms of Service:
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the web site, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by Tanya Gordon., acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. The Website is available only to individuals who are at least 13 years old.
1. Responsibility of Contributors.If you operate a blog, comment on a blog, post material to the Website, post links on the Website, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Website (any such material, “Content”), You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, or computer software. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
* the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party; * if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content; * you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms; * the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content; * the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing); * the Content is not libelous or defamatory (more info on what that means), does not contain threats or incite violence towards individuals or entities, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party; * your Content is not getting advertised via unwanted electronic messages such as spam links on newsgroups, email lists, other blogs and web sites, and similar unsolicited promotional methods; * your Content is not named in a manner that misleads your readers into thinking that you are another person or company. For example, your blog or comment’s URL or name is not the name of a person other than yourself or company other than your own; and * you have, in the case of Content that includes computer code, accurately categorized and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by Tanya Gordon. or otherwise.
Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, Tanya Gordon. has the right (though not the obligation) to, in Tanya Gordon’s sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in Tanya Gordon’s reasonable opinion, violates any Tanya Gordon policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in Tanya Gordon’s sole discretion.
2. Responsibility of Website Visitors.Tanya Gordon has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating the Website, Tanya Gordon does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. Tanya Gordon disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
3. Content Posted on Other Websites.We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which fourhourworkweek.com links, and that link to fourhourworkweek.com. Tanya Gordon does not have any control over those non-warriowoman.ca, non-unleashyourwarrior.ca/com websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-warriowoman.ca, non-unleashyourwarrior.ca/com or webpage, Tanya Gordon does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. Tanya Gordon disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-warriowoman.ca, non-unleashyourwarrior.ca/com websites and webpages.
4. Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy.As Tanya Gordon asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by warriowoman.ca, unleashyourwarrior.ca/com violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify Tanya Gordon in accordance with standard Digital Millennium Copyright Act (”DMCA”) Policy. Tanya Gordon will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. In the case of a visitor who may infringe or repeatedly infringes the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of Tanya Gordon or others, Tanya Gordon may, in its discretion, terminate or deny access to and use of the Website. In the case of such termination, Tanya Gordon will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to Tanya Gordon.
5. Corrections, Suggestions, and Complaints.We welcome comments and suggestions, as well as complaints about errors, on the Website that warrant correction. Comments and suggestions, as well as complaints about errors, can be submitted through emailing email@example.com
6. Intellectual Property.This Agreement does not transfer from Tanya Gordon to you any Tanya Gordon or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with Tanya Gordon unleashyourwarrior.com/ca, thewarriorwoman.ca , the “Elements of Empowerment or The Warrior Woman” logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any Tanya Gordon or third-party trademarks. You hereby grant Tanya Gordon. an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, fully paid, worldwide license (with the right to sublicense) to (a) use, copy, publish, stream, store, retain, publicly perform or display, transmit, scan, reformat, modify, edit, frame, translate, excerpt, adapt, create derivative works and distribute (through multiple tiers), any Content you post on or in connection with the Website or Tanya Gordon services or the promotion thereof and (b) to use your name, likeness and image for any purpose, including commercial or advertising, each of (a) and (b) on or in connection with Tanya Gordon or the promotion thereof.
7. Changes.Tanya Gordon reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. Tanya Gordon may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
8. Termination.Tanya Gordon may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement, you may simply discontinue using the Website. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
9. Disclaimer of Warranties.The Website is provided “as is”. Tanya Gordon and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither Tanya Gordon nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
10. Limitation of Liability.In no event will Tanya Gordon or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement or substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to Tanya Gordon. under this agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. Tanya Gordon shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
12. Indemnification.You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Tanya Gordon its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to out of your violation this Agreement.
13. Miscellaneous.This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Tanya Gordon and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of Tanya Gordon or by the posting by Tanya Gordon of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by the laws of the province of Ontario, Canada., excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the provincial and federal courts located in Whitby, Ontario. Except for claims for injunctive or equitable relief or claims regarding intellectual property rights (which may be brought in any competent court without the posting of a bond), any dispute arising under this Agreement shall be finally settled in accordance with the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules of the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Service, Inc. (“JAMS”) by three arbitrators appointed in accordance with such Rules. The arbitration shall take place in Whitby, Ontario, in the English language and the arbitral decision may be enforced in any court. The prevailing party in any action or proceeding to enforce this Agreement shall be entitled to costs and attorneys’ fees. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; Tanya Gordon may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
When accessing the Website, the Company will learn certain information about you, both automatically and through voluntary actions you may take, during your visit. This policy applies to information we collect on the Website and in email, text, or other electronic messages between you and the Website.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use.
If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
When you access the Website, the Company will learn certain information about you during your visit.
Information You Provide To Us. The Website provides various places for users to provide information. We collect information that users provide by filling out forms on the Website, communicating with us via contact forms, responding to surveys, search queries on our search feature, providing comments or other feedback, and providing information when ordering a product or service via the Website.
We use information you provide to us to deliver the requested product and/or service, to improve our overall performance, and to provide you with offers, promotions, and information.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technology. As you navigate through our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies including Google Analytics to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns. This will generally include information about your location, your traffic pattern through our website, and any communications between your computer and our Website. Among other things, we will collect data about the type of computer you use, your Internet connection, your IP address, your operating system, and your browser type.
The information we collect automatically is used for statistical data and will not include personal information. We use this data to improve our Website and our service offerings. To the extent that you voluntarily provide personal information to us, our systems will associate the automatically collected information with your personal information.
Similar to other commercial websites, our website utilizes a standard technology called “cookies” and server logs to collect information about how our site is used. Information gathered through cookies and server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our site, and the websites visited just before and just after our own, as well as your IP address.
A cookie is a very small text document, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier. When you visit a website, that site’s computer asks your computer for permission to store this file in a part of your hard drive specifically designated for cookies. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
The Company reserves the right to use technological equivalents of cookies, including social media pixels. These pixels allow social media sites to track visitors to outside websites so as to tailor advertising messages users see while visiting that social media website. The Company reserves the right to use these pixels in compliance with the policies of the various social media sites.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
If you choose to correspond with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses. We provide the same protections for these electronic communications that we employ in the maintenance of information received online, mail, and telephone. This also applies when you register for our website, sign up through any of our forms using your email address or make a purchase on this site. For further information see the email policies below.
We are committed to keeping your e-mail address confidential. We do not sell, rent, or lease our subscription lists to third parties, and will not disclose your email address to any third parties except as allowed in the section titled Disclosure of Your Information.
We will maintain the information you send via e-mail in accordance with applicable federal law.
In compliance with the CAN-SPAM Act, all e-mails sent from our organization will clearly state who the e-mail is from and provide clear information on how to contact the sender. In addition, all e-mail messages will also contain concise information on how to remove yourself from our mailing list so that you receive no further e-mail communication from us.
Our emails provide users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us and our partners by reading the unsubscribe instructions located at the bottom of any e-mail they receive from us at anytime.
Users who no longer wish to receive our newsletter or promotional materials may opt-out of receiving these communications by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the e-mail.
HOW AND WHY WE COLLECT INFORMATION
The Company collects your information in order to record and support your participation in the activities you select. If you register to download a book or resources, sign up for our newsletter, and/or purchase a product from us, we collect your information. We use this information to track your preferences and to keep you informed about the products and services you have selected to receive and any related products and/or services. As a visitor to this Website, you can engage in most activities without providing any personal information. It is only when you seek to download resources and/or register for services that you are required to provide information.
If you are outside the European Union and opt to receive any free resources, participate in any free training programs, register for a webinar, register for a live event, register for a seminar, or purchase any products sold by the Company on this Website, we will automatically enroll you to receive our free email newsletter. If you do not wish to receive this newsletter, you can unsubscribe anytime. We include an “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of every email we send. If you ever have trouble unsubscribing, you can send an email to email@example.com requesting to unsubscribe from future emails.
If you are in the European Union and opt to receive any free resources, participate in any free training programs, register for a webinar, register for a live event, register for a seminar, or purchase any products sold by the Company on this Website, we will only enroll you to receive our free email newsletter if you affirmatively consent to it. If you do not wish to receive this newsletter, you can unsubscribe anytime. We include an “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of every email we send. If you ever have trouble unsubscribing, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting to unsubscribe from future emails.
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION THAT YOU PROVIDE TO US?
We use personal information for purposes of presenting our Website and its contents to you, providing you with information, providing you with offers for products and services, providing you with information about your subscriptions and products, carrying out any contract between you and the Company, administering our business activities, providing customer service, and making available other items and services to our customers and prospective customers.
From time-to-time, we may use the information you provide to us to make you offers to purchase products and services provided by third parties in exchange for a commission to be paid to us by such third parties. Should you opt to take part in such promotions, the third parties will receive your information.
From time-to-time, we may use the information you provide to us to display advertisements to you that are tailored to your personal characteristics, interests, and activities.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
As a general rule, we do not sell, rent, lease or otherwise transfer any information collected whether automatically or through your voluntary action.
We may disclose your personal information to our subsidiaries, affiliates, and service providers for the purpose of providing our services to you.
We may disclose your personal information to a third party, including a lawyer or collection agency, when necessary to enforce our terms of service or any other agreement between you and the Company.
We may provide your information to any successor in interest in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s asserts and/or business.
We may disclose information when legally compelled to do so, in other words, when we, in good faith, believe that the law requires it or for the protection of our legal rights or when compelled by a court or other governmental entity to do so.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION AND SECURE INFORMATION TRANSMISSIONS?
We employ commercially reasonable methods to ensure the security of the information you provide to us and the information we collect automatically. This includes using standard security protocols and working only with reputable third-party vendors. Email is not recognized as a secure medium of communication. For this reason, we request that you do not send private information to us by email. However, doing so is allowed, but at your own risk. Some of the information you may enter on our website may be transmitted securely via a secure medium known as Secure Sockets Layer, or SSL. Credit Card information and other sensitive information is never transmitted via email.
The Company may use software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing the number of visitors to the different sections of our site, what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, the Company uses software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
VISITORS’ GDPR RIGHTS
If you are within the European Union, you are entitled to certain information and have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation. Those rights include:
We will retain the any information you choose to provide to us until the earlier of: (a) you asking us to delete the information, (b) our decision to cease using our existing data providers, or (c) the Company decides that the value in retaining the data is outweighed by the costs of retaining it.
You have the right to request access to your data that the Company stores and the rights to either rectify or erase your personal data.
You have the right to seek restrictions on the processing of your data.
You have the right to object to the processing of your data and the right to the portability of your data.
To the extent that you provided consent to the Company’s processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based upon consent that occurred prior to your withdrawal of consent.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority that has jurisdiction over issues related to the General Data Protection Regulation.
We require only the information that is reasonably required to enter into a contract with you. We will not require you to provide consent for any unnecessary processing as a condition of entering into a contract with us.
The Warrior Woman 410 Conlin Road Whitby, Ontario Canada
Return/Exchange Policy for Non-Supplement Products and Membership Refunds
Elements of Empowerment Digital Products and Membership Refunds Return/Refund Policy
We strongly believe in our services and want you to be fully satisfied with your membership with us. This is the reason for the Elements of Empowerment Weight Loss 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
If you cancel your monthly membership subscription within 7 days of signing up (during the free experience period), you will not incur any fees associated with the membership. This guarantee does not apply to purchases for access to Libraries, products, or any other programs or plans other than the Elements of Empowerment Lifestyle monthly membership.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee-What it is:
We want you to feel confident that Elements of Empowerment provides you everything that we say we will. If you do not feel as though we came through on our promise on your membership enrollment, simply send an email to and we will be happy to refund your initial membership fee if the conditions below are met.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee-What it is not:
The satisfaction guarantee is not your scapegoat for not using the program. Harsh? Maybe, but it is our personal belief that when you financially invest in yourself, you are far more likely to utilize the tools available to you. Our tools have been developed to enable you to take control of your lifestyle, mentality and, ultimately, your self-confidence. We have developed a system to educate YOU to create sustainable results - but the first step starts with you.
Elements of Empowerment will process refunds for your initial membership fee in accordance with the restrictions below. Although we strive to minimize process times, refunds may take more than one week for us to process once we receive all required information. Restrictions regarding returns of other items are provided below as well.
To be considered for a refund, you must submit your request within 7 days of enrollment in the Elements of Empowerment monthly membership. To request a refund, please email . Once the refund request is approved, in all cases, refunds will be made ONLY via the original form of payment. Please note that it may take up to two (2) billing cycles for the refund credit to appear on your statement.
2. eBook, instant downloads, unlimited (i.e. Lifetime) access & Custom Meal Plan/Workout Plan purchases are non-refundable. All sales of these items are final.
All event ticket sales are final. Tickets purchased for a Elements of Empowerment event may not be returned or exchanged for a full or partial refund.
Apparel purchased directly from Elements of Empowerment may be exchanged or returned for Elements of Empowerment store credit only. The apparel item(s) must be in “new” condition including in an unworn and unwashed condition, and all original tags and labels must be attached to the item(s). To request a store credit or exchange of apparel, please email support@Elements of Empowerment.com within 7 days of receipt of the apparel. Please note that you must provide the original packing slip before we will consider providing you with store credit or an exchange of apparel. The apparel must be received by us at the address we provide in response to your e-mail before any store credit or exchange is provided. It is your sole responsibility to pay for return shipping costs, and we recommend that you purchase tracking information for your own insurance. If the apparel is not received by us, then we will not provide store credit or an exchange.
6. Dietary Supplement refund requests will only be considered as provided in our return policy on Supplements, which is incorporated herein by reference. Please click here to view that policy.
7. Other Items - All other items must be unopened and unused to be considered for a refund.
PROBLEMS OR ISSUES NOT ALREADY COVERED.
If you have any issues that have not been covered on this page, please contact us and we will get back to you in order to help you resolve the issue as soon as possible.
Elements of Empowerment Coaching Return Policy
In order for this Coaching program to be successful: Elements of Empowerment needs to invest in you, including hiring your Coach and providing your Coach the ongoing training she needs so you can succeed; your Coach needs to invest in you, including managing her schedule and turning away other opportunities to help you succeed; and You need to invest in you, including committing to seeing the Coaching program through for one year. Because we – Elements of Empowerment, your Coach, and You – are All In, except as set forth in the “Satisfaction Guaranteed” promise below there will be no refunds for any reason, even if you have paid for the entire year up front. If you decide to disengage from the Coaching program for any reason, you will remain liable for the entire amount, including monthly payments for the entire 12-month term.
Satisfaction Guarantee: the foregoing notwithstanding, if you participate in the Coaching for the entire twelve (12) months, and at the end you feel like it did not help you, or you did not get the results you want, we will refund the money you paid for the Coaching 100%. To be eligible for the Satisfaction Guarantee you must have submitted your Weekly Progress Report to your Coach at least 95% of the time (at least 50 of the 52 weeks of the year). You WILL NOT be eligible for the Satisfaction Guarantee if you disengage from the program and fail to follow it as instructed.